Sunday, February 21, 2010

Best Saturday ever...

This Saturday, two of my best friends and I set out for a flea market adventure to find a potential dining room table for my new place. Our first flea market stop proved to be a gold mine full of all things great and wonderful and amazing flea market worthy items. After walking around the place for awhile we found it. It being the perfect dining room table. We decided it would be best to walk around for a little longer to see if we found anything else. Eventually, we headed back to the table to negotiate a price. When we got back, there were 3 other people hovering over the table wanting to buy it as well. We grabbed the owner and told him I wanted it. We got a price, loaded all of us up in the car, and took off with my new table leaving lots of jealous fellow flea market-goers drooling at the sight of my table driving away!

So here is the before of the table...(iPhone picture)

It's a great sturdy table, and I know I got an awesome deal on it! The table was actually an old butcher's table, so the top is like one big cutting board. I'm so excited about my first big project for the new house! I've already got some ideas in the works...

I'm thinking adding a little of this...


and then maybe a little of this...(who doesn't love a good zebra chair?!)

(image: pier one)

OH boy I can't wait...I just love color!


2 comments:

  1. I want that chair. It would go nicely with my leopard chair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LB
    love the table and chair idea you have always loved zebra prints

    dad

    ReplyDelete