Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 rewind...

Let's ignore the fact that I've been on a blog hiatus, but instead I wanted to recap some of the highlights of 2010. I remember New Year's Eve last year I was sitting at home with a pitiful newly spayed, snaggle tooth, drugged up puppy thinking that I was having my doubts about 2010, but in the end 2010 turned out to be one of the best years of my life. So let's recap with my top 10 things for 2010...

10. Fixing my first broken toilet and seeing the inside of a toilet bowl for the first time. This was a big deal, a really big deal.
9. Flipping furniture. Spray paint and sanding and flea markets, oh my did I do a lot of that.
8. Molly's first birthday. The little booger continues to be the goofiest, cutest, and best sidekick ever.
7. 23. I celebrated my 23rd birthday with all of my best friends in my house watching the bachelorette. It couldn't have been a more perfect birthday night.
6. Travel... 2010 was full of traveling. From Chicago for a bachelorette party to Houston for a family weekend to Gurdon for Poppa's 85th birthday to Nashville for a weekend of fun having with my absolute favorites to Dallas for a Spain reunion and wedding to Eureka Springs with our family friends and last but not least to Florida.
5. 5k+15k+half marathon?!?! What ended 2009 as a fun little hobby of running my first two 5k races started 2010 with a full schedule and full speed running. Since January, I ran five 5ks, a 15k, and my first half marathon, and a 10k is already on the calendar for February 2011. Goodness!
4. Florida. In August, we took our first family vacation with all of our dogs. Molly survived her first trip with multiple flights in one day. All of the dogs loved the beach and unlimited spoiling and laps.
3. The dream job. 2010 ended with the most unexpected blessing and wonderfully exciting cap to a phenomenal year. After seeing a random job posting on facebook, submitting my resume on a whim, 2 one hour plus long interviews, and the next thing I knew I was turning in my resignation and had just landed the job I had been dreaming of for years and the company I had been trying to get to notice me since college.
2. A wedding and a sister. 2010 will always be a special year for our family with the wedding of my brother and sister-in-law. We couldn't have gained a more perfect family member and I couldn't have asked for a better sister.
1. Buying my first house. So many great things that happened in 2010 can be tied back to buying my first house. From having more confidence and gaining independence to learning the beauty of homeownership to being a hostess with the mostest to having so much fun, the house has been the foundation (no pun intended) of an amazing 2010.

Here's to the ending of a fantastic year with the hope that 2011 will be wonderful too. Now let's eat some black eyed peas.

-LB

2 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo LB blogs again! What a year for you missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello LB,

    I got your comment on my blog post about my brother ("Uncle Brycie") from Kelly's Korner's Blog Party. I haven't even told him yet that I did that! But I'm going to tell him tomorrow and hope that he isn't too mad at me! Do you have an email address or anything where he could contact you if he is interested? You can email if you are interested at danielleholtzman@cox.net. He was #201 by the way.

    Hope you meet some nice people from this... you seem like a great girl! I have a similar love for refurbishing furniture and you've done a great job!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete